Saturday, July 28, 2007

Pasadena Really Really Free Market


We attended the third installment of the Pasadena Really Really Free Market this morning. I found some books for myself as well as for my classroom, and Marlene found some great coffee cups and yarn among other things.
The idea of a Really Really Free Market is that you bring stuff you don't need and take whatever you like. As the Wikipedia entry puts it, it's an effort to "counteract capitalism in a non-reactionary way" by setting up a "temporary market based on an alternative gift economy." You can also find information about the philosophy behind the idea at the Really Really Free Market website.
Unfortunately, we didn't have any items with us to share this time, but we intend to go through the garage and my apartment and find some things to take to the next installment. I might take my chess board if it isn't too hot.

Find the Pasadena Really Really Free Market when it meets at the Bresee Nazarene Church parking lot, a 1480 E. Washington in, you guessed it, Pasadena. Check their blog for upcoming installments.

Public transit options include the Pasadena Arts 31 and 32 and the Metro Bus 256 and 268.

No comments: