Saturday, October 20, 2007

Soccer Plus

I dropped by this little soccer equipment shop on the north side of Pasadena because I needed a goalkeeper's jersey. I found a small but impressive display of football-related wares. The owner, Joseph, was very helpful and friendly. I don't like shopping while a salesperson hovers over me, so I appreciated that he was available but discreet, waiting behind the counter in his Perugia shirt.
The shop had a wide range of team jerseys, including heavyweight clubs like Manchester United and AC Milan, but also including unlikely shirts like the Scottish National Team. The store also has a strong selection of shoes for outdoor and indoor soccer and a respectable assortment of "generic" (that is, not affiliated with a team or branded with a club logo) shirts and shorts.
I got my goalkeeper jersey, a green Adidas shirt, and I'll be back to buy a new pair of cleats soon.

Find Soccer Plus at 1640 E. Washington Blvd. (N. Oxford and N. Sierra Bonita) in Pasadena. 626-798-5405. Call for store hours.

No comments: